by Sue Campbell
Wondering how to use solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars for the best results? They may seem a little alien at first, but there’s nothing mysterious or complicated about washing your hair with a bar. Here, Sue Campbell from pioneering haircare brand Kind2 tells us more about how to make the shift and leads us through the process, step by step.
Moving from liquid shampoo to solid shampoo bars
Traditional liquid shampoo and conditioners are at least 80% water, requiring bottles – usually plastic – and harsh chemicals to stabilise ingredients. Remove the water and neither plastic packaging nor stabilisers are necessary.
Plastic free, soap free and cruelty free, Kind2′s solid formulas reinvent shampoo and conditioner, creating a fundamental difference in how haircare is made and used.
Even if you’re on board with the environmental benefits of solid shampoo bars, it’s normal to be slightly daunted by actually using one.
Have you just bought your first bar? Or have you had a bad experience with using solid shampoo in the past? Perhaps you’re only considering switching from bottle to bar and want to know how it works before taking the plunge. Read on and let us remove any of that uncertainty!
How to use solid shampoo bars
Using solid shampoo bars really isn’t very different from using liquid shampoo and it’s just as easy.
Here are your simple steps on how to use a solid shampoo bar to get healthier, softer hair:
- Wet both the solid shampoo bar and your hair
- Use the bar to gently build up a lather, by rubbing it between the palms of your hands
- Apply the bar to your wet hair. Use circular motions to transfer the shampoo to your head
- Put your bar down and massage the shampoo into your scalp until it forms a lather. The shampoo will become foamy, but might not froth quite as much as a liquid shampoo that contains sulphates. Concentrate on working the lather into the roots of your hair
- Rinse your hair thoroughly before using your favourite KIND2 solid conditioner bar
It’s as simple as that!
How to use solid conditioner bars
Once you’ve successfully used your KIND2 solid shampoo bar, it’s time to pick up your solid conditioner bar…
- Use your conditioner bar to stroke your wet hair, paying particular attention to the ends
- Put down your bar down and massage the conditioner through the strands
- If your hair is very dry or prone to frizz, leave the conditioner to soak in for a few minutes
- Rinse your hair thoroughly
- Enjoy healthier locks that look and feel softer and more shiny
So, that’s how to use solid shampoo and conditioner bars, but what do you do with them once you’re out of the shower?
Plastic free shampoo lasts longer when you store it right
It’s important to know how to store plastic free shampoo bars and plastic free conditioner bars so that they last as long as possible. If you don’t like the idea of your bar becoming soggy and messy in-between washes, or if you’ve run into this issue in the past, you’re not alone. Our simple storage tips will help you steer clear of this problem and elongate the life of your bar.
When stored correctly, plastic free shampoo bars and plastic free conditioner bars will remain solid, dry and keep their shape. Better still, they will last 2-3 times longer than a standard bottle of liquid shampoo or conditioner. This makes plastic free shampoo more economical as well more eco-friendly.
Our top 5 tips on how to store your plastic free shampoo bar
Store plastic free shampoo in your luggage for a carefree trip
A plastic free shampoo bar is the perfect travel companion, since it takes up so little valuable space in your luggage. Use a wax wrap or container to transport them enroute. It’s also perfect for a trip because it’s:
- Solid. So it won’t mess with your liquid restrictions at airport security
- Light enough not to weigh down you or your luggage
- Guaranteed not to spill! There’s no liquid involved
- Ideal for staying as sustainable and plastic free as possible whilst travelling
Because KIND2’s solid shampoo bars and conditioner bars are soap free and pH balanced, they’ll leave your hair soft, strong and nourished.
Use KIND2’s solid shampoo and conditioner bars for healthier hair
Now that you know how simple it is to use solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars, it’s time to get your own.
KIND2’s bars are full of powerful and natural plant-based ingredients. They’re gentle on your hair and they promote its health.:
- Eliminating both plastic and water at source
- Removing irritants in the form of sulphates, parabens and silicones
- Soap free, so much closer to the natural pH of your scalp
- Featuring premium ingredients with active plant-based extracts
- Therapeutic benefits and unique fragrances from naturally derived essential oils
- Not tested on animals or containing animal products
- Made in the UK, supporting local industry and lowering our carbon footprint
- Low waste – packaged in recycled cardboard
- Great value for money; a KIND2 bar lasts for between 60 – 80 washes, two or three times as long as a 250 ml bottle
- For her, for him, for everyone
Want to read more about how to use sustainable swaps? Have a nosey of our How to use a Wax Wrap guide and you will never go back to cling film again.
Thanks for reading!
Ready to ditch the single use plastics for good? Have a browse of our shop and find something that could well last you a lifetime.